Tutorial How to Install Firmware via GadgetBridge

wtomas

Tutorial on How to Install Firmware via GadgetBridge
for Mi Band 3

View attachment 37
For this guide, you will need:
First of all, original Mi Fit application should be installed on your phone and paired with Mi Band 3. Once your fitness tracker is connected and works properly with original chinese software you can follow subsequent steps. At this stage, one more important step is to turn on “Discoverable mode” in Mi Fit so other applications could discover your band:
When all previously mentioned requirements are met, you need to install modified (that supports MB3) GadgetBridge app on your Android device:

Get the newest GadgetBridge version on our forum!

As installation process is finished, open GadgetBridge and grant the permissions it asks you for.
After that press the round blue button (with plus sign “+” inside) to add new device:

Scanning progress may take a few minutes and may even fail, then force stop GadgetBridge and try again (On Android > 6.0 “Location Services” should be enabled to discover new Bluetooth devices). If it still can’t find your band, disable Bluetooth, open GadgetBridge and allow it to enable Bluetooth itself.

As your Mi Band 3 is displayed in the list, click on it, then click back button:

After you returned back, pairing progess starts and it it will ask you to tap the button on your Band to finish setup:

If everything was done correctly, you may see paired device right in the GadgetBridge main menu with blue icon and “Connected” state:

Having paired your smart band in the GadgetBridge, you are ready to install firmware (custom one or return to the original).

In order to flash the firmware, open your file manager, find the firmware file (*.fw), click on it and select GadgetBridge (if something goes wrong, try aтother file manager):
Now it will ask you whether you really want to install it. Click install, wait until everything will be finished and enjoy your brand new firmware!

Nedoporučuji, po upgradu nelze spárovat s telefonem!

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hey guys. I installed the firmware and now the language has changed. The problem is i cannot pair my device with any phone anymore. It has the bluetooth off symbol on the bracelet. What should i do?
Have you unpair Mi Band from Mi Fit before pair it with GadgetBridge. If it paired, unpair from Mi Fit and try pair again.

If not work uninstall GadgetBridge and try again. (Not forget activate GPS before open Mi Fit).

Try some scans, it's possible not work at first scan.

And don't touch at Mi Band before it say "Tap on button".

patejrik1

After flash to 1.5.0.2 Czech I can't browse in menu on mi band. I can only unlock it and that is all. I tried to flash original FW but same issue. Any ideas how to solve it?

zzman

hi guys, can anyone tell me if the function "Lift wrist to view info" is working? mine doesn´t. I´m on English V1.5.0.2 with Mi-Fit 3.4.6. TY

Guys can't connect to gadgetbridge with my MI band 3 I messed up everything and I lost Greek language after installing newer version of MI fit instead of the beta I had. It had installed res 1.5 and I messed up I'm trying to put back older firmware of miband and pass to Greek firmware but can't get my band connected to gadgetbridge

djolex

Guys can't connect to gadgetbridge with my MI band 3 I messed up everything and I lost Greek language after installing newer version of MI fit instead of the beta I had. It had installed res 1.5 and I messed up I'm trying to put back older firmware of miband and pass to Greek firmware but can't get my band connected to gadgetbridge
You cannot install older FW. Try flashing newest forced english. That might help.

djolex

hi guys, can anyone tell me if the function "Lift wrist to view info" is working? mine doesn´t. I´m on English V1.5.0.2 with Mi-Fit 3.4.6. TY
Disable and enable it, it should start. If not maybe its FW bug.

I have made through notify&fitnes I have the Greek language but the problem is that when I receive calls the name does not appear though I have enabled it and the vibration of the miband dies not stop while I talk on the phone, seems that fw 1.5 is full of bugs, and as you say I can't downgrade? Oh God!

I have made through notify&fitnes I have the Greek language but the problem is that when I receive calls the name does not appear though I have enabled it and the vibration of the miband dies not stop while I talk on the phone, seems that fw 1.5 is full of bugs, and as you say I can't downgrade? Oh God!

djolex

IT is problem with MiFit, ask @Maddoctor for explanation and Greek MiFit.

Maddoctor

Which version of mi fit you have, from playstore or the Greek version?

Which version of mi fit you have, from playstore or the Greek version?
The play store one but seems that solved my its shelf weird also maybe will be solved Wirth next update, but I want to ask if there is a possibility that miband 3 can work as photo button like on band 2

Maddoctor

The play store one but seems that solved my its shelf weird also maybe will be solved Wirth next update, but I want to ask if there is a possibility that miband 3 can work as photo button like on band 2
For that you must use custom app from playstore

hemi

Hey.
i need your help please.
i installed the english virsion Mili_wuhan_1.5.0.2_English_ddmm_GeekDoing_23.08.18 (1) but i can't slide my band. it's stuck on the time and date only

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29