Tutorial MB3Editor - Translations Alpha Testing

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
Or can you provide a way for us to choose which picture to use as the notification icon:unsure:?

It's a little inconvenient for us Chinese people.o_O
@BRH501 for Chinese
I look and I maybe implement to select images later.
For now is solution to open mod FW in HEX editor, and edit image number at address 0x00060B3E for FW 2.3.0.6, In original FW is 00 in modded FW is AA == 170 it is number image. You can change to another image but only from 00 == 0 to FF == 255.

BRH501

Contributor
@BRH501 for Chinese
I look and I maybe implement to select images later.
For now is solution to open mod FW in HEX editor, and edit image number at address 0x00060B3E for FW 2.3.0.6, In original FW is 00 in modded FW is AA == 170 it is number image. You can change to another image but only from 00 == 0 to FF == 255.
Received. It's a useful solution.

Hi, great job, fantastic editor
just one thing

is it possible for you to add a section to the translation menu for Persian language?

it has the same font and characters as Arabic only the translations are different, Arabic is officially supported on the Mi Band 3, even the Watch Face numbers are added in the resource, all I need is A modified version of Arabic firmware with Persian words.

If u can add the Persian section I would start translating it myself

Thanks

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
Hi, great job, fantastic editor
just one thing

is it possible for you to add a section to the translation menu for Persian language?

it has the same font and characters as Arabic only the translations are different, Arabic is officially supported on the Mi Band 3, even the Watch Face numbers are added in the resource, all I need is A modified version of Arabic firmware with Persian words.

If u can add the Persian section I would start translating it myself

Thanks
Persian added

fprietog

Tested MB3 Non NFC modded FW with Stock resources and it went fantastic!!!

Just one thing, I don't now if it's intended or not: I didn't check "Set default language?" guessing that it means that the band will take the language from phone, or in my case from Notify & Fitness app language selection. But it just made the band works only in English (fine font), like I've selected English as default language and can't be changed from phone.

I just check "Set default language?" to Spanish to made it work in Spanish (bold font) again.

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
Tested MB3 Non NFC modded FW with Stock resources and it went fantastic!!!

Just one thing, I don't now if it's intended or not: I didn't check "Set default language?" guessing that it means that the band will take the language from phone, or in my case from Notify & Fitness app language selection. But it just made the band works only in English (fine font), like I've selected English as default language and can't be changed from phone.

I just check "Set default language?" to Spanish to made it work in Spanish (bold font) again.
English is set too with option Mi Band to Global version?, but if check Set default language? is override default language. I can later look this mod and edit to Global version get language from phone.

fprietog

English is set too with option Mi Band to Global version?, but if check Set default language? is override default language. I can later look this mod and edit to Global version get language from phone.
You're right, I also checked "Mi Band to Global version?". It works exactly as you said.

Translated every string and saved them all, after checking the Translation page what I saw was completely empty

I got an IR modified firmware anyway, and installed it, all I could see was question marks ?????
by the way I set the default language to Arabic since Persian needs Arabic characters to work

would u help me out here?
My translations, are they saved or not?
if they are, where are they?

and what options should I check, to activate Persian

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
Translated every string and saved them all, after checking the Translation page what I saw was completely empty

I got an IR modified firmware anyway, and installed it, all I could see was question marks ?????
by the way I set the default language to Arabic since Persian needs Arabic characters to work

would u help me out here?
My translations, are they saved or not?
if they are, where are they?

and what options should I check, to activate Persian
Your translations no saved I'm test and work you must save every string and be logged in.
You can reload page after save string for control

Last edited:
Your translations no saved I'm test and work you must save every string and be logged in.
You can reload page after save string for control
seriously I did exactly as you said
I translate, I save it, it says "translate saved" and then when I refresh it's gone

I'm using Android Chrome, should I try with PC?

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
seriously I did exactly as you said
I translate, I save it, it says "translate saved" and then when I refresh it's gone

I'm using Android Chrome, should I try with PC?
Try now translate one string and tap save and reload

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
I saw your word as test and it's working but when I write Persian it won't work
here's a sample

Notification = پیام
For me work can look, try log out and then log in and try again

fprietog

Just a warning, I noticed that some things didn't work unless you register and accept the "Use this space to summarize your privacy and cookie use policy." warning...

It may be the problem...

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eldonITA00