Tutorial Mi Band 6 | Modify a resource file.

h0urg1ass

- Before read..

It is tested on Windows 10 x64 (21H1), Mi band 6 chinese version. (not global)

Mofifying resource file can change the icons, main menu's font (Can chage only when language is set to English or Simplified Chinese. These language setting does not import letters in the main menu from the font, but imports files stored in resource files that are separately imaged.)

Since this is not officially authorized by Xiaomi,
any risk and responsibility are on you if any problems arise while modifying and applying the resource file.

As you may have felt while reading it, I am not good at English. So If you can't understand what I'm saying, please let me know by writing comment.

Each resource file has its firmware file version. for example, Resource V28 only matches with Firmware 1.0.0.26.
If this version is different, problems can occur.

- Requirements

- (1) Mi Bands Tools | Mi Band 3/4/5/6 & Amazfit Band 5 | GeekDoing (This can decompile res file, which allows we can modify the resources.)
- (1) Mi Band 6 | Original Firmwares/Resources/Fonts | GeekDoing (Download the resource file.)

- Decompile *.res file

Copy the downloaded resource file to mi bands tools. (extracted)

Drag the resource file (*.res) to Mi Bands Tools.exe.

A black window opens to start the decompilation. It may take from beginning to end in minutes and will disappear automatically when completed.

When the operation is complete, a folder is created with the name of the resource file. There are many photo files in this folder, including icons and letters (image) in the menu, and you can modify them to create your own resources.

- Decompile the translation file (2680.dat)
You can find 2680.dat from the folder. drag it to the Mi bands tools.exe.

This folder contains translation files.

- Repack resource file (Compile)
Drag the folder to Mi Bands Tools.exe

papercore

Does it even work with Korean desktop? I've tested it with my Korean desktop but Miband4 resource won't decompile. (signature error)

P.S. If you're not fluent at English(like me), feel free to use translator.

h0urg1ass

Does it even work with Korean desktop? I've tested it with my Korean desktop but Miband4 resource won't decompile. (signature error)

P.S. If you're not fluent at English(like me), feel free to use translator.

on my desktop, I couldn't find any problems decompiling Mi Band 4's stable resource file.
If it doesn't work continuously, download this file. (modify the folder to modify resource. After modification, you can recompile it by dragging folder to Mi Bands tools.exe.) Version is V96.

Last edited:
at mac/mono it doesnt work.

It opens text editor and doesnt extract the translation files.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui