Question Unable to connect band with phone

Mr_BananaPants

Official Forum Photographer
thanks! I can´t connect with bluetooth because in miband appear "Connect with app to update" I try with gadgetbrige, the app find but not connect. what can i do?
Try to delete GadgetBridge and connect with Mi Fit

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
did you removed the Device from your Phones Bluetooth Settings ?

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
Ok, what happens when you are in your Mi-Fit App and try to pair it ?
(Do you get the vibration for pairing ? Do the app find the band ? Anything like that)

kroix

Ok, what happens when you are in your Mi-Fit App and try to pair it ?
(Do you get the vibration for pairing ? Do the app find the band ? Anything like that)
Anything... in Mi Band appear "connect with app to update" and in Mi Fit "Searching" but Mi Band not vibrate... I try different versions of the app and the same

Mr_BananaPants

I have looked at the link but I can´t connect to any application I can´t do anything =(
Are you sure you have the correct (V35) resources installed? also try this:
Close Mi Fit.
Desactivate/re-activate Bluetooth and GPS.
Open Mi Fit.
Pair your Mi Band 3 to Mi Fit.

I know it sounds weird but you can also try and put the band in the freezer. Because it's very cold the battery will drain very quick. In about 2 days the battery will be empty and the band "resets" itself.

kroix

Are you sure you have the correct (V35) resources installed? also try this:
Close Mi Fit.
Desactivate/re-activate Bluetooth and GPS.
Open Mi Fit.
Pair your Mi Band 3 to Mi Fit.

I know it sounds weird but you can also try and put the band in the freezer. Because it's very cold the battery will drain very quick. In about 2 days the battery will be empty and the band "resets" itself.
I try this steps and nothing. I don´t know which resources have installed because mi band was updating in Mi Fit and fail...

Mr_BananaPants

I try this steps and nothing. I don´t know which resources have installed because mi band was updating in Mi Fit and fail...
So the update didn't finish? If so, you probably bricked your band

Does the screen still work? I had the same issue that I was not able to connect the band with my phone, but after about 5 minutes, I was able to connect it with GadgetBridge and installed the correct resources.

kroix

So the update didn't finish? If so, you probably bricked your band

Does the screen still work? I had the same issue that I was not able to connect the band with my phone, but after about 5 minutes, I was able to connect it with GadgetBridge and installed the correct resources.
the update didn´t finish, it failed in second step (update resource) and in screen appears "connect to app to update"
I've tried with GadgetBridge and it find the mi band but not connect with it

Mr_BananaPants

the update didn´t finish, it failed in second step (update resource) and in screen appears "connect to app to update"
I've tried with GadgetBridge and it find the mi band but not connect with it
Hi, I moved your comments to this new thread because it was off topic.
Do you know which firmware is installed on the band right now?

lallasgr

Uninstall all the softwares that you have installed for Mi Band. Uninstall even Mi Fit. Reboot phone and then install the latest Mi Fit and try again to connect with Mi Band.

If cannot connect again I would suggest you to do a factory reset to the phone and then try again to connect and see what will happen.

Mr_BananaPants

I don´t know....It happened to me 15 days ago when I updated MiFit in GooglePlay
Hi, I just had the same problem, I couldn't connect with GadgetBridge or Mi Fit. Nothing worked.
I fixed it by opening Mi Fit, and unpairing. After unpairing I removed GadgetBridge and then I was able to connect with Mi Fit. Give it a try and maybe it works :)

kroix

I have done all steps that you say. My miband is unpaired of MiFit and I try pair again but MiFit not connect with it because miband not vibrate only show "connect app to update".
I try pair with gadgetbrige, app finds it and appears with MAC Address but not pair with miband, the same case like mifit

Mr_BananaPants

I have done all steps that you say. My miband is unpaired of MiFit and I try pair again but MiFit not connect with it because miband not vibrate only show "connect app to update".
I try pair with gadgetbrige, app finds it and appears with MAC Address but not pair with miband, the same case like mifit
Strange. I had the same, GadgetBridge was able to find the Band but unable to pair / connect with it. After I unpaired from Mi Fit, I deleted GadgetBridge and deleted the cache from Mi Fit app and then I was able to pair with Mi Fit

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CVFS