German Weather (Modified Mi Fit)

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
This is a Modified Mi-Fit App

Features :
Fixed Weather [???]
Translated what i find into German (Last App-Update is only half German)

v4 (update 3.4.3 & @MagicalUnicorn other Languages removed) [Not fully tested since @work]

v3 (should have fixed all Strings)

Note : No working Google Login for now

Information for Xiaomi Phone User :

Since theres a Signaturecheck for the "Screen Unlock (Phone) Feature in the Mi-Fit App, which i can't fix on my Side, pls activate this Feature from -> Settings -> Security/Screen Unlock -> Smart Unlock

Otherwise your App will FC when Press this Option in Mi-Fit App. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
As far as i understood , the Weatherinformations come from the MI-Fit app itself (Even the "Words")

This would mean, there are no strings to edit on the firmware of the band.

And therefore someone would need to create a modified Mi-Fit App with custom german Strings.

(Beware : if you use a customized Mi-Fit App, your connection to Google-Services will get lost [if you use it] and you cant update the App from Playstore)

Edit :

Yeah, did a Quick Dive (of the Mi-Fit APK) -> under :

res/values/strings.xml

are the Strings who needs to be changed (quick and dirty)

Edit 2:

The Strings allready exist in german but need to get copied over into the other (english) strings.xml

or added in res/values-de/strings.xml
You are absolutely correct; however, there is no need to copy German translation into the English strings.xml. You should just edit certain *.smali file to make Mi Fit send weather forecast in the language set on your phone.

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
Since i dont know the .smali changes (didnt find any informations at fast search) i just compiled a Version with German Strings as seen in the picture

I will give an download link (beware , not official signed, so not updateable with Playstore Version)

Edit : if you cant login via Google, just delete the app, restart Phone, reinstall the apk and you are good to go :)

@Kirill : If you want to Provide the APK anywhere in the Forum, feel Free to use it at will :)

Attachments

Howieson

Since i dont know the .smali changes (didnt find any informations at fast search) i just compiled a Version with German Strings as seen in the picture

View attachment 219

I will give an download link (beware , not official signed, so not updateable with Playstore Version)

Edit : if you cant login via Google, just delete the app, restart Phone, reinstall the apk and you are good to go :)

@Kirill : If you want to Provide the APK anywhere in the Forum, feel Free to use it at will :)
The App crash when you go on Screen Unlock under Settings :(

As far as i understood , the Weatherinformations come from the MI-Fit app itself (Even the "Words")

This would mean, there are no strings to edit on the firmware of the band.

And therefore someone would need to create a modified Mi-Fit App with custom german Strings.

(Beware : if you use a customized Mi-Fit App, your connection to Google-Services will get lost [if you use it] and you cant update the App from Playstore)

Edit :

Yeah, did a Quick Dive (of the Mi-Fit APK) -> under :

res/values/strings.xml

are the Strings who needs to be changed (quick and dirty)

Edit 2:

The Strings allready exist in german but need to get copied over into the other (english) strings.xml

or added in res/values-de/strings.xml
Thanks. The German Weather apk works perfectly. So did i get this right, that german language is already present in the original Mi Fit app but not yet "activated" which means that german should be supported natively when the international version of mi band gets launched?

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks. The German Weather apk works perfectly. So did i get this right, that german language is already present in the original Mi Fit app but not yet "activated" which means that german should be supported natively when the international version of mi band gets launched?
I cant say, if it will support german natively at international start, but yes, all strings are present and just need to be activated.

So i would say, theres a good chance for us :)

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
It crash by me :( I delete all and install new but the same :(
Could you try the MiFit App v3.4.1 from the App Section (which is unmodded) and look if the Error stays ?

Since i just changed some language strings, i cant really understand why this happens to you :(

Howieson

Could you try the MiFit App v3.4.1 from the App Section (which is unmodded) and look if the Error stays ?

Since i just changed some language strings, i cant really understand why this happens to you :(
Yes are try and no FC :(

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
Ill work on it @ the moment :)

Seems like i got a fix for the ??? signs

Edit :

Here we Go Version 3.4.2

Edit 2 : I tried to fix some english Strings in the App too (Missing German), maybe they are not 100% correct

Edit 3 : Found more untranslated Strings, if this Version works for you, i will translate the Missing Parts Tomorrow/Later Today and upload another Version

Attachments

Last edited:

Howieson

Ill work on it @ the moment :)

Seems like i got a fix for the ??? signs

Edit :

Here we Go Version 3.4.2

Edit 2 : I tried to fix some english Strings in the App too (Missing German), maybe they are not 100% correct

Edit 3 : Found more untranslated Strings, if this Version works for you, i will translate the Missing Parts Tomorrow/Later Today and upload another Version
I like it. But unlock Lockscreen FC for me and English Strings :)

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
I like it. But unlock Lockscreen FC for me and English Strings :)
English Strings at Weather or in App ?

I dont know why theres still an FC , i tried myself multiple Times and all Ok :(

Will look into the Language when im back home

Howieson

English Strings at Weather or in App ?

I dont know why theres still an FC , i tried myself multiple Times and all Ok :(

Will look into the Language when im back home
English Strings in App. I don't know why FC. In Original 3.4.1 no FC :)

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
German Stock Rom

All in your App is english ? Or only some (Maybe take a Screenshot)

AEbby

•••••
Staff member
Contributor
Uploaded new Version in First Post

Which Phone-Manufacturer you got ?

It seems the this Problem is anywhere between the Lockscreen Option and the System Settings

Last edited:

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gren