APP Mod Hey+ App

Thanks for publishing an English translation of the app @MagicalUnicorn

I've decided to share the little I've done in an attempt to "de-Chineseify" my Hey+ band.

(@Kevinw @lipkel @bekon10 Here is a temp. way of setting the clock)

Changing The clock:
1. On your phone, go to "Settings>System>Date and time".
2. Disable "Automatic timezone".
3. Set timezone to "GMT+8:00", by selecting a Chinese city such as "Shenzhen (China)".
4. Disable "Automatic date and clock".
5. Set the clock to your current local time.
6. Close and re-open the Hey+ app. It should sync the clock after a minute.

If the clock on your Hey+ band isn't changing, try unbinging the band (Last option in the settings on the Hey+), and then unbind it from your phone.
Or you may try restarting your Hey+ band, by selecting the 2nd last option in the settings menu.

Note: You may re-enable "Auto timezone", and "Auto date and clock" as long as the Hey+ app is closed. If you open the Hey+ app, the clock will be back to China time.

Removing the Chinese text from the "Front page" of your Hey+ band:
1. Use an "image template" that covers up the Chinese text with something white, such as this:
Note: The image is 120*240px, which I believe is the exact screen size of the Hey+ band

2. Edit the image and insert whatever you want.

Tip1: The more black pixels on your screen, the more power you save (=longer battery life). This is because it's an AMOLED-screen

Tip2: The preview of the custom dial shown on the app before saving to the Hey+ is NOT accurate! Thus you need to save it to your Hey+ to actually view the result/outcome.

Registering without owning a Chinese phone number:
This doesn't apply to everyone, but for those who's purchasing your Hey+ band from an aliexpress seller, you may get an account without paying any extra.
Simply ask the seller before purchasing if he can provide you with an account.

Or if you already purchased it, as in my case, you may ask the seller to help you register. In my case, the seller gave me a phone number and password. I simply logged in and changed the password, and I was "good to go".

Attachments

Last edited:

I've decided to share the little I've done in an attempt to "de-Chineseify" my Hey+ band.

Changing The clock:
3. Set timezone to "GMT+8:00", by selecting a Chinese city such as "Shenzhen (China)".

If the clock on your Hey+ band isn't changing, try unbinging the band (Last option in the settings on the Hey+), and then unbind it from your phone.
Or you may try restarting your Hey+ band, by selecting the 2nd last option in the settings men.

Note: You may re-enable "Auto timezone", and "Auto date and clock" as long as the Hey+ app is closed. If you open the Hey+ app, the clock will be back to China time.

1. Use an "image template" that covers up the Chinese text with something white, such as this:
View attachment 2445 Note: The image is 120*240px, which I believe is the exact screen size of the Hey+ band

Tip1: The more black pixels on your screen, the more power you save (=longer battery life). This is because it's an AMOLED-screen

Tip2: The preview of the custom dial shown on the app before saving to the Hey+ is NOT accurate! Thus you need to save it to your Hey+ to actually view the result/outcome.

Registering without a Chinese phone number:
This doesn't apply to everyone, but for those who purchased your Hey+ band from an aliexpress seller, you may get an account without paying any extra.
Simply ask the seller (or multiple sellers) before purchasing if he can provide you with an account.

Or if you already purchased it, as in my case, you may ask the seller to help you register. In my case, the seller gave me a phone number and password. I simply logged in and changed the password, and I was "good to go".
thank you, it works☺

Changing The clock:

Or you may try restarting your Hey+ band, by selecting the 2nd last option in the settings menu.

View attachment 2445 Note: The image is 120*240px, which I believe is the exact screen size of the Hey+ band

This doesn't apply to everyone, but for those who purchased your Hey+ band from an aliexpress seller, you may get an account without paying any extra.
Simply ask the seller (or multiple sellers) before purchasing if he can provide you with an account.

I don't know how to ask the seller for account because i bought it from Chinese app.

I don't know how to ask the seller for account because i bought it from Chinese app.
Would you mind if I ask for an account?
I don't know what store "Chinese app" is?
You should try reach out to the seller and ask him.
Otherwise you will have to either wait for the international firmware/app update, purchase a virtual (Chinese) phone number, or purchase another Hey+ band from e.g. an Aliexpress seller willing to provide you with an account.

Bkpro

Changing The clock:

Big thank you for your sharing. It makes my band isn't useless.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
I need app without verify chinese number. I'll pay for this, if necessary.
Contact your seller for have an account or wait, you will can connect without chinese number when the International version will be released.

Hi. Will you be able to use a non-Chinese phone number? Or is this impossible? Or, is it possible to get around that request?

Thank you for your attention and for your work.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi. Will you be able to use a non-Chinese phone number? Or is this impossible? Or, is it possible to get around that request?

Thank you for your attention and for your work.
When the International version will be released you will can connect without a Chinese number.

For moment, the only solution is to ask your seller for have an account.

Bkpro

Hi Mod MagicalUnicorn,
After the upgrade to new firmware 1.0.9.2, My band can not vibrate when I have the call but it's ok with a message. For sure I enable Call & SMS button on Notifications feature. I don't know this is an error of hardware or software. Pls advise me with thanks

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi Mod MagicalUnicorn,
After the upgrade to new firmware 1.0.9.2, My band can not vibrate when I have the call but it's ok with a message. For sure I enable Call & SMS button on Notifications feature. I don't know this is an error of hardware or software. Pls advise me with thanks
Call works. Try disable and enable again the option.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
What can you do with this firmware file?
For moment, nothing.

The Firmware contain all translations and it's already possible to translate it. The problem is for flash the Firmware.

(Translations from Google Translate)

|:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:|

|:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:|

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjayanejaye