Tutorial How to Install Firmware via GadgetBridge

bokkomam

The weather messages are still in Chinese. It does say today and tomorrow but below the icon there are Chinese characters. Probably the words sunny or cloudy or something else.

Last edited:

djolex

Cannot, connect to MB3. The app finds it but it is stuck at pairing. nothing promps on Mb3 to tap
I have done it, problem was that phone and band do not have always on communication, (they have, just android does not see it that way). So when i allowed notifications on my band, the GadgetBridge was able to pair and flash firmware.
P.S. people who have problem with chinese weather, just disable weather in Fit App.
P.S.S Gestrude when u rotate hand is broken :(

Last edited:

bokkomam

Cannot, connect to MB3. The app finds it but it is stuck at pairing. nothing promps on Mb3 to tap
I have done it, problem was that phone and band do not have always on communication, (they have, just android does not see it that way). So when i allowed notifications on my band, the GadgetBridge was able to pair and flash firmware.
P.S. people who have problem with chinese weather, just disable weather in Fit App.
P.S.S Gestrude when u rotate hand is broken :(
It's not broken. Works fine with me. Only weather text other then English system show Chinese symbols.

djolex

It's not broken. Works fine with me. Only weather text other then English system show Chinese symbols.
2Fixes:
1. Use old version of Mi Fit app
2. In Mi Fit hide weather from watch face. (drag and drop in hidden fields)

musleon

hi,
" In order to flash the firmware, open your file manager, find the firmware file (*.fw), click on it and select GadgetBridge (if something goes wrong, try aтother file manager): " It was continuously "GadgetBridge stopped " at this stage . Is there a solution for this error.

djolex

hi,
" In order to flash the firmware, open your file manager, find the firmware file (*.fw), click on it and select GadgetBridge (if something goes wrong, try aтother file manager): " It was continuously "GadgetBridge stopped " at this stage . Is there a solution for this error.
Well for me it was like this:
1. Restart phone after error
2. Use ES file manager
3. Repeat untill it works :)

pidow

Flash works fine, but, ? in box appears instead message.. have you the same issue ?

Last edited by a moderator:

djolex

I did what you said but it did not. I do not understand. Help please....
Okey,
1. you need to connect MiBand3 with MiFit app
2. When you finish this, allow MiBand3 privileges to reject calls and see notifications.
3. Set your MiB3 to be visible in MiFit app,
4. Open GadgetBridge app, and click +, search for MiBand3 and tap on it.
5. If GadgetBridge crash, restart phone, open GadgetBridge again and repeat step 4.
If nothing works:
1. Unpair MiBand3 and mifit app
2. Uninstall GadgetBridge and restart phone,
3. Pair mi band3 and mi fit app
4. Instal GBridge and start again.

Dont forget to check if GadgetBridge has all permisions, if GadgetBridge keeps breaking try downloading it again, or use other phone/tablet (from friends, family). Bluetooth and Location (on Android 6.0+)

musleon

Okey,
1. you need to connect MiBand3 with MiFit app
2. When you finish this, allow MiBand3 privileges to reject calls and see notifications.
3. Set your MiB3 to be visible in MiFit app,
4. Open GadgetBridge app, and click +, search for MiBand3 and tap on it.
5. If GadgetBridge crash, restart phone, open GadgetBridge again and repeat step 4.
If nothing works:
1. Unpair MiBand3 and mifit app
2. Uninstall GadgetBridge and restart phone,
3. Pair mi band3 and mi fit app
4. Instal GBridge and start again.

Dont forget to check if GadgetBridge has all permisions, if GadgetBridge keeps breaking try downloading it again, or use other phone/tablet (from friends, family). Bluetooth and Location (on Android 6.0+)
First of all thank you very much for your interest. I found the source of the problem. I need to speak the language of the device in English. Now, no problem. Thanks again.

djolex

First of all thank you very much for your interest. I found the source of the problem. I need to speak the language of the device in English. Now, no problem. Thanks again.
No problem, we are all here to help or get help :)

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mays999