Tutorial How to Install Firmware via GadgetBridge

strozi

Update the Mi Fit to the last version (3.4.4). After update Mi Fit, the band will update from the phone.

Dinopu85

albertt

Im stuck aswell on the "connect to app to update" message. Cant connect to gadgetbridge or mi fit( tried to re installed)

Any help?
I got the same problem, the band does not connect to any app and when I try to establish the connection the app tells me the band should vibrate, but it does not vibrate :-(

albertt

I got the same problem, the band does not connect to any app and when I try to establish the connection the app tells me the band should vibrate, but it does not vibrate :-(
found the solution:
I had to use the bluetooth settings of my phone to disconnect the band and to reconnect to it, afterwards it was found by Gadgetbridge and I can install the res file.

Limaryn

Both English and Spanish versions still have the weather forecast in Chinese. Besides I cannot receive any notification from my iPhone. Anyone with the sameness problem?

Czech firmware. (xiaomi redmi 4x)
I have just installed the Czech firmware by following exactly every step from the guide. However, after the succesful instalation the band keeps saying (in Czech) '' Connect to the application to update''. When it connects to the mi fit app it updates back to the chinese firmware.
Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thank you

Hi, I'm with MiFit official app and latest official English version v1.2.0.8 but now I want DDMM date format. Whenever I try to flash fw after pairing band for bridge, it gives this error "Problem with the firmware metadata transfer" Log is attached wherein I can read my MI band 3 throwing error it's not an Mi band. I m confused. Pls help...

Attachments

Last edited:

hedz

Hi guys, I'm having a problem flashing the firmware and would need some assistance...

My phone is in Portuguese and I want to flash the English firmware because I want the band and English and the phone in Portuguese. But I'm facing some problems, here's what I did and what is happening:

1. Installed MiFit from Play Store, paired and configured.
2. Followed the guide described on page 1 and on the step of installing the firmware, it all goes well, the firmware is installed successfully and the mi band restarts and shows a message saying 'Connect to the app to update'. I then proceed to open MiFit, it says it can't connect so I click in 'unpair' and I pair again and it connects nicely BUT! It starts installing a new firmware and the language goes back to Chinese again.

Am I doing something wrong here? I just can't get it working.

Thanks, cheers.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi guys, I'm having a problem flashing the firmware and would need some assistance...

My phone is in Portuguese and I want to flash the English firmware because I want the band and English and the phone in Portuguese. But I'm facing some problems, here's what I did and what is happening:

1. Installed MiFit from Play Store, paired and configured.
2. Followed the guide described on page 1 and on the step of installing the firmware, it all goes well, the firmware is installed successfully and the mi band restarts and shows a message saying 'Connect to the app to update'. I then proceed to open MiFit, it says it can't connect so I click in 'unpair' and I pair again and it connects nicely BUT! It starts installing a new firmware and the language goes back to Chinese again.

Am I doing something wrong here? I just can't get it working.

Thanks, cheers.
If you flash 1.2.0.8 firmware and use Mi Fit 3.4.4, it's normal.

Mi Fit 3.4.4 include 1.3.0.4 firmware, and you can't disable auto-update.

You can flash English Firmware 1.3.0.4 to have your Mi Band in English, or install Mi Fit 3.4.3 and flash custom firmware 1.2.0.8 and Ressources v34.

AnickaVy

I finished last step and my MiBand3 is writing me "connect to app to update" ( in czech of course). But in app GadgetBridge is written that miband is connected. I dont know what to do.

AnickaVy

Czech firmware. (xiaomi redmi 4x)
I have just installed the Czech firmware by following exactly every step from the guide. However, after the succesful instalation the band keeps saying (in Czech) '' Connect to the application to update''. When it connects to the mi fit app it updates back to the chinese firmware.
Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thank you
I have the same thing with miband3. Do you have some advice now?

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I have the same thing with miband3. Do you have some advice now?
As it is written in the first post. Use it with Resources v35 only! You need to install the latest resources (installation process is similar to firmware flashing). Link can be found in the first post as well.

AnickaVy

As it is written in the first post. Use it with Resources v35 only! You need to install the latest resources (installation process is similar to firmware flashing). Link can be found in the first post as well.
I did what you have said, but when I connected miband with official mi fit app It turns back into chinese.

djolex

I did what you have said, but when I connected miband with official mi fit app It turns back into chinese.
Unpair MiFit and Mb3
Use custom MiFit from GeekDoing.
Disable automatic updates,
Clear phone cashe
Download FORCE fw

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Are you sure you have installed latest 1.3.0.4 firmware version?

AnickaVy

Are you sure you have installed latest 1.3.0.4 firmware version?
I check it again and you are right, I havent installed this version. Now everything works perfectly, thank you so much! :)
But last question... can I uninstall GadgetBridge and have still czech language in MiBand3?

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I check it again and you are right, I havent installed this version. Now everything works perfectly, thank you so much! :)
But last question... can I uninstall GadgetBridge and have still czech language in MiBand3?
Yes, you can!

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnePlus245hh