Tutorial How to make weather notifications in Mi Band 3 in your language

tomini

But when I change in DEFAULT...I will have weather in Czech (my language), but everything else will be in english/chinese, or not?

Maddoctor

But when I change in DEFAULT...I will have weather in Czech (my language), but everything else will be in english/chinese, or not?
The Mi Band 3 reads the data for the weather notifications only from these lines at default. everything else will be in your language, as it is from the firmware, not from the modified Mi Fit.

tomini

The Mi Band 3 reads the data for the weather notifications only from these lines at default. everything else will be in your language, as it is from the firmware, not from the modified Mi Fit.
Will I able to update in through Google Play? No, right...its apk file, so nope

Maddoctor

Will I able to update in through Google Play? No, right...its apk file, so nope
You must make a custom version of Mi Fit or use my custom version, in order to have the notifications in English or your language

Maddoctor

Modifying the text doesn't change and I in the menu don't see any change, so there is no need to update anything. Thank you

It must be in English (at mobile) for Czech (my lang.) weather? In English (at mobile) is weather in Czech, in Czech (at mobile) is ? In A Rectangle Box .

Maddoctor

With my modified mi fit, the notifications will be in english, despite of your language. If you translate it yourself, will be in Czech.

Why is that if i have a custom firmware installed (had english as well, but now it's hungarian), but the weather information shows only question marks in rectangles?

Is there missing some fonts installed on the mi band?

I tried to edit my Mi Fit app with APK Editor, but when i changed to [Default], all the variables was set to an english string. So the weather informations should be written in english, right? As far as i understood what i have read before in this forum.

I have Official Mi Fit 3.4.4 from Google Play Store installed, and custom firmware hungarian 1.3.0.4 from this forum.

Please tell me what am i doing wrong, or what did i misunderstand.

Thanks in advance.

Maddoctor

Why is that if i have a custom firmware installed (had english as well, but now it's hungarian), but the weather information shows only question marks in rectangles?

Is there missing some fonts installed on the mi band?

I tried to edit my Mi Fit app with APK Editor, but when i changed to [Default], all the variables was set to an english string. So the weather informations should be written in english, right? As far as i understood what i have read before in this forum.

I have Official Mi Fit 3.4.4 from Google Play Store installed, and custom firmware hungarian 1.3.0.4 from this forum.

Please tell me what am i doing wrong, or what did i misunderstand.

Thanks in advance.
Reads the hungarian file that doesn't have this info

Maddoctor

Update: In 3.4.4 you must delete all chinese values folders (4 in number) to work this trick or you will see a single ?

Update: In 3.4.4 you must delete all chinese values folders (4 in number) to work this trick or you will see a single ?
Thanks for your help, i think i understand now.
After you posted this, i searched myself through that strings.xml in the values-hu folder, and found that there's no value about weather at all. First i didn't understand than why you told me that.
But i think i understand now. It's completely missing from that file, because they didn't include yet(hopefully later they will, right?).
So if i would copy and paste it from the english those lines and translate the appropriate parts, then it would be work.

Maddoctor

Thanks for your help, i think i understand now.
After you posted this, i searched myself through that strings.xml in the values-hu folder, and found that there's no value about weather at all. First i didn't understand than why you told me that.
But i think i understand now. It's completely missing from that file, because they didn't include yet(hopefully later they will, right?).
So if i would copy and paste it from the english those lines and translate the appropriate parts, then it would be work.
Delete the folders I say and you would be ok.

Marcel75

Since I see a lot of people asking how they can see the weather notifications in their language and this is set only from Mi Fit and not from the firmware, you must make some adjustments to the mi fit you are using.

1. You will have to download the APK Editor from Google Playstore - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.heagoo.apkeditor
2. Install the program and run it.
View attachment 262
3. We choose Select Apk from App and we see a list of all apps installed in our mobile. Write Mi Fit
View attachment 263
4. We click on it and from the menu that appears we choose Full Edit
View attachment 264
5. After that we will see many commands in your language. Here is in Greek
View attachment 265
6. We click where it says your language and choose Default.
View attachment 266
7. You will have to go way down the list, almost near the end to find the commands that are the notifications
View attachment 267
8. The commands that must be changed are these:

You change ONLY the words in bold in the code above and nothing else. After you have finished, you press Build which is at the top right side of your screen and wait till you see that everything has finished and you can install it. Press install and you are ready. Now the notifications will be in your language.

Update: In 3.4.4 you must delete all chinese values folders (4 in number) to work this trick or you will see a single ? To do so, you go to the second option, files, you scroll down to the marked folders, you choose them and only these and you delete them. After again you press build and install in the end.
View attachment 608

In case you want the notifications only in english, and you don't want to do all these, you can also download Mi Fit 3.4.4 GR International from my site.
From iPhone this aplication not?

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoP92