Translation Project Firmware Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
how we can correct the characters in the names of callers. "?" looks like "?".The "mi bandage" application turns the turkish characters into readable. for example: ı = i, ü = u, ş =s. Can it be buried in FW without needing any other application?

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
how we can correct the characters in the names of callers. "?" looks like "?".The "mi bandage" application turns the turkish characters into readable. for example: ı = i, ü = u, ş =s. Can it be buried in FW without needing any other application?
Are you using English FW?

flashock

Are you using English FW?
Kirill actually Turkish peoples don't need Turkish language on this band. Our problem is this special characters.

We can't understand natifications because of these characters. Our only problem is we can't see ş,ğ,ü,ç,ö,ı letters.

Every Mi Band 3 user know this product will be in English and MiBand 3 has a very few words our actual problem not translation only characters. I read all comments and everyones problem is special characters.
@Kirill

Maddoctor

Kirill actually Turkish peoples don't need Turkish language on this band. Our problem is this special characters.

We can't understand natifications because of these characters. Our only problem is we can't see ş,ğ,ü,ç,ö,ı letters.

Every Mi Band 3 user know this product will be in English and MiBand 3 has a very few words our actual problem not translation only characters. I read all comments and everyones problem is special characters.
@Kirill
Same for Greek. At the moment I can see notifications in Greek. But if the notification contains έύϋΰόάήώ then I see a ? instead.

Hey there everybody!
Hope Y'all doing well :)

I want to join this translation initiative and would like to ask admins to add a Belarusian thread for MB3 FW localization. MiFit app is actually already localized for this language, that's why I believe that the whole ecosystem needs to be translated.

P.S. Got quite tired of seeing Chinese characters in my wearable :D

Thx in advance!
Best regards,
BETAX.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Hey there everybody!
Hope Y'all doing well :)

I want to join this translation initiative and would like to ask admins to add a Belarusian thread for MB3 FW localization. MiFit app is actually already localized for this language, that's why I believe that the whole ecosystem needs to be translated.

P.S. Got quite tired of seeing Chinese characters in my wearable :D

Thx in advance!
Best regards,
BETAX.
Added Belarusian language to the translation site!

Added Belarusian language to the translation site!
The translation is done. Looking forward to testing the firmware:)

Only several issues left:
1. My Mi Band 3 (Chinese locale out of the box, haven't been flashed yet) has some problems with Cyrillic fonts, they seem too spaced and huge resulting in partially cut notifications spreading across several swipes on the screen (Latin characters are displayed just fine). Will that change after installing an English FW?
2. The Belarusian language feature some special Cyrillic characters (e.g. compared to Russian) like Ўў, Іі and ' so please consider adding them to the fonts. Tested push-notifications with Mi Band Tools already - Іі and ' are displaying fine, though Ўў is replaced with Уу.
3. Haven't noticed the strings with weather description in your project. Do they need to be localized as well? In case if not, do they load from some kind of external source?

Anyway, thank you for your work and the given opportunity for this localization to come into existence!

Last edited:

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
The translation is done. Looking forward to testing the firmware:)

Only several issues left:
1. My Mi Band 3 (Chinese locale out of the box, haven't been flashed yet) has some problems with Cyrillic fonts, they seem too spaced and huge resulting in partially cut notifications spreading across several swipes on the screen (Latin characters are displayed just fine). Will that change after installing an English FW?
2. The Belarusian language feature some special Cyrillic characters (e.g. compared to Russian) like Ўў, Іі and ' so please consider adding them to the fonts. Tested push-notifications with Mi Band Tools already - Іі and ' are displaying fine, though Ўў is replaced with Уу.
3. Haven't noticed the strings with weather description in your project. Do they need to be localized as well? In case if not, do they load from some kind of external source?

Anyway, thank you for your work and the given opportunity for this localization to come into existence!
I do appreciate your contribution to the translation project! Hopefully, we will be able to support as many languages as there are in the world.

Regarding your questions:
1. MB3 firmware has 2 different fonts, both of them can be used in notifications and menu UI. 'Condensed' font has more built-in characters comparing to the original font (one that is used in Chinese and English FWs) and it has no spaces between characters. I can enable this font for any language.
2. If those special characters won't be available in second font I will manually add them.
3. Phrases for weather forecast are located in Mi Fit app (not in firmware) and they are being sent to MB3 every time the weather forecast is updated.

JustCosmin

3. Phrases for weather forecast are located in Mi Fit app (not in firmware) and they are being sent to MB3 every time the weather forecast is updated.
So the weather will be in English, even if the firmware will be in Romanian?

flashock

I do appreciate your contribution to the translation project! Hopefully, we will be able to support as many languages as there are in the world.

Regarding your questions:
1. MB3 firmware has 2 different fonts, both of them can be used in notifications and menu UI. 'Condensed' font has more built-in characters comparing to the original font (one that is used in Chinese and English FWs) and it has no spaces between characters. I can enable this font for any language.
2. If those special characters won't be available in second font I will manually add them.
Translation project has a really good project I appreciate it but It's too difficult for you Kirill. Everybody knows this product will be in English and English words are very minimal on system.

If adding characters much more easy process do this no one judge you and this modifications finish much sooner.

Adding special characters for Turkish, Greek, German etc. is the best and easiest way for you and even us.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
So the weather will be in English, even if the firmware will be in Romanian?
Original Mi Fit sends weather in English language only if you have English language on your phone, otherwise it will use Chinese phrases for weather forecast (that are displaying like question marks ??? on non-chinese firmwares).

Translation project has a really good project I appreciate it but It's too difficult for you Kirill. Everybody knows this product will be in English and English words are very minimal on system.

If adding characters much more easy process do this no one judge you and this modifications finish much sooner.
I know that it would be difficult to translate it and that's why I have automated it. People translate strings on special service, then I get structured translations for all languages, and insert it into the firmware (I have written a program that makes this work much more easier and faster).

flashock

Original Mi Fit sends weather in English language only if you have English language on your phone, otherwise it will use Chinese phrases for weather forecast (that are displaying like question marks ??? on non-chinese firmwares).

I know that it would be difficult to translate it and that's why I have automated it. People translate strings on special service, then I get structured translations for all languages, and insert it into the firmware (I have written a program that makes this work much more easier and faster).
Wow you're good man. Thanks for effort.

Maddoctor

You are correct for that. So if someone wants the notifications in his language, all he has to do is translate about 30 lines of code of the main file strings.xml. By this way I have them in Greek and can be done and in other languages. Whoever wants to try, must use the APK Editor from playstore to edit the default xml (Lines are close to the end of commands)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ftaka2