Translation Project Firmware Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsugayu

You are correct for that. So if someone wants the notifications in his language, all he has to do is translate about 30 lines of code of the main file strings.xml. By this way I have them in Greek and can be done and in other languages. Whoever wants to try, must use the APK Editor from playstore to edit the default xml (Lines are close to the end of commands)
Could you give more information please? Which app should be edited with apk editor pro for translating? Mi fit? Or firmware?

Olá amigo, ajudei a traduzir para o português brasileiro lá no site, depois de ter feito o atraso da tradução para você lançá-lo?
Parabéns, desculpe, meu inglês é ruim.

Bamyang

Firmware Translation
for Mi Band 3

As you might know, Mi Band 3 stock firmware contains translations only for 10 languages.
To be exact:
  • Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified)
  • English
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • Korean
  • French
  • German
  • Indonesian
  • Polish
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Thai

Despite the fact that in this Smart Band version Chinese developers included support for more languages comparing to their previous devices, it still isn't satisfactory as many phrases lack translations, which are rough enogh. In addition, I believe Xiaomi isn't going to support other languages besides mentioned above.

That's why I decided to gather people together who could contribute to the translation project of Mi Band 3 firmware by adding their native language to it.

If you are interested in this project and willing to help us,
we kindly invite you to our translation portal:

:) translation.geekdoing.com:)

If your language is missing on translation service, please write here and I will add it!​
Concerning the existence of Korean translation in stock firmware without Hangul font, I have found out reasons why: there is a high chance where "Youmi", the exclusive distributor of Xiaomi products in Korea requested Xiaomi to give them their exclusive to Korean translated MB3 as well.

They started selling "translatable" MB3 as Korean version of MB3 which is a slightly modded version of Chinese MB3 where user has to use a "modded" version of Mi Fit apk they(Youmi) offer to update into Korean firmware. Very weird and unusual way of selling a product... but it is happening here in Korea. As soon as they started shipping these Korean translatable MB3, they uploaded their custom apk on their website via Google drive and they claim that they did not make the app but received the file from Xiaomi.

These so called "Korean" MB3s are NOT the exact same products to you get anywhere else because these things are bricked when used with the official Mi Fit app; it should be only paired with the modified apk mentioned earlier. So there is no expectation for updates to both the Mi Fit app and the MB3 itself. So there's no advantages other than the language by . Using the Youmi's modified Mi Fit app on the Chinese version of MB3 doesn't update it into Korean firmware as well.

The reason why many Korean people still buy Chinese MB3 overseas is the price: Youmi's MB3s are highly, highly overpriced. MB3's official price is 169 CNY which is about 25 USD, where this Korean MB3 costs 44 USD (without the delivery charge), which doesn't make the MB3 a budget product anymore.

Therefore I believe no Korean translation will be supported via update of Mi Fit app at all times. I know, this is a very sad news to Korean, where they have to choose between price and update vs. localization. But since installing custom firmwares on Xiaomi devices are not a restriction to Xiaomi's terms and conditions, it is best for us to build custom Korean translated firmware.

Here I will link the modified Korean app distributed by Youmi, I just hope this helps making the Korean custom Firmware and other unsupported languages. I am widely open to supporting and concerning the Korean custom firmware, let me know if I can do anything or answer questions.

This is the download of the apk:

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Concerning the existence of Korean translation in stock firmware without Hangul font, I have found out reasons why: there is a high chance where "Youmi", the exclusive distributor of Xiaomi products in Korea requested Xiaomi to give them their exclusive to Korean translated MB3 as well.

They started selling "translatable" MB3 as Korean version of MB3 which is a slightly modded version of Chinese MB3 where user has to use a "modded" version of Mi Fit apk they(Youmi) offer to update into Korean firmware. Very weird and unusual way of selling a product... but it is happening here in Korea. As soon as they started shipping these Korean translatable MB3, they uploaded their custom apk on their website via Google drive and they claim that they did not make the app but received the file from Xiaomi.

These so called "Korean" MB3s are NOT the exact same products to you get anywhere else because these things are bricked when used with the official Mi Fit app; it should be only paired with the modified apk mentioned earlier. So there is no expectation for updates to both the Mi Fit app and the MB3 itself. So there's no advantages other than the language by . Using the Youmi's modified Mi Fit app on the Chinese version of MB3 doesn't update it into Korean firmware as well.

The reason why many Korean people still buy Chinese MB3 overseas is the price: Youmi's MB3s are highly, highly overpriced. MB3's official price is 169 CNY which is about 25 USD, where this Korean MB3 costs 44 USD (without the delivery charge), which doesn't make the MB3 a budget product anymore.

Therefore I believe no Korean translation will be supported via update of Mi Fit app at all times. I know, this is a very sad news to Korean, where they have to choose between price and update vs. localization. But since installing custom firmwares on Xiaomi devices are not a restriction to Xiaomi's terms and conditions, it is best for us to build custom Korean translated firmware.

Here I will link the modified Korean app distributed by Youmi, I just hope this helps making the Korean custom Firmware and other unsupported languages. I am widely open to supporting and concerning the Korean custom firmware, let me know if I can do anything or answer questions.

This is the download of the apk:
Thank you for the information. I already got this APK and the only difference it has comparing to the original Mi Fit app is that it has *.ft.kj font containing Hangul characters (but this file also exists in Mi Fit beta builds). AFAIK Korean version of MB3 has factory programmed variable in it's flash memory, but firmware is the same for both bands. So, it means that there is some function in firmware that checks the availability of this variable and enables Korean lang. As soon as I understand it I will make Korean FW for original MB3.

Mr_BananaPants

Official Forum Photographer
Yeah, we want the Dutch firmware. You said you would upload it after a week, but it's already over 2 weeks...

ezkel1

Thank you for the information. I already got this APK and the only difference it has comparing to the original Mi Fit app is that it has *.ft.kj font containing Hangul characters (but this file also exists in Mi Fit beta builds). AFAIK Korean version of MB3 has factory programmed variable in it's flash memory, but firmware is the same for both bands. So, it means that there is some function in firmware that checks the availability of this variable and enables Korean lang. As soon as I understand it I will make Korean FW for original MB3.
Thank you for your word for Korean firmware.
I myself hope I can help you with that work.
If you need any assistance, please let me know!

djolex

Serbian, done. Please someone check and verify so we can have our firmware. (same for Slovenians and croats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ftaka2