FW Mod German Firmware 1.2.0.8

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Installed the custom fw via Gadget Bridge, can you explain me why the tool started an upload of above 7 minutes?
I do not quite understand, do you mean that installation process was running for 7 minutes?

skaaa

I do not quite understand, do you mean that installation process was running for 7 minutes?
No, GadgetBridge started to upload sth... you ever had this before? Deleted the App as fast as I can, got the installation file from your page here. Unfortunately I have not got a screenshot of it... it just showed GadgetBride is uploading sth takin 7m.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
No, GadgetBridge started to upload sth... you ever had this before? Deleted the App as fast as I can, got the installation file from your page here. Unfortunately I have not got a screenshot of it... it just showed GadgetBride is uploading sth takin 7m.
That's strange. All files were tested by many users and they don't upload anything to anywhere.
The only thing it shows in notifications is "Installing / Uploading firmware" progress bar while installation

dacoco

First of all - thanks for the firmware and translation! I did flash it right when i got the band so i don't know if the chinese firmware can display smileys in messages. I think it may be totally normal to see the question mark instead of smileys because there maybe isn't the correct resource file available. is this correct?

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
First of all - thanks for the firmware and translation! I did flash it right when i got the band so i don't know if the chinese firmware can display smileys in messages. I think it may be totally normal to see the question mark instead of smileys because there maybe isn't the correct resource file available. is this correct?
Hm... Displaying a great variety of colorful emojis on black and white screen where every character has only 16x16 pixels... Unlikely to be feasible.

dacoco

Hm... Displaying a great variety of colorful emojis on black and white screen where every character has only 16x16 pixels... Unlikely to be feasible.
:) got it. but the chinese firmware also just shows the question marks? or is there something like a "place holder" icon for smileys?

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
:) got it. but the chinese firmware also just shows the question marks? or is there something like a "place holder" icon for smileys?
IIRC, "???" also displayed in Chinese FW. Or maybe just emtpy placeholders (spaces) " ".

Hello,
if I receive a notification from telegram then only"??????"
This are normal German text without smylie.

Friendly greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the update, but one more request. Is it possible to use DD.MM. instead of DD.MM ? With an extra . after the MM ?

Thanks in advance

Alphazero

Thank you for the update, but one more request. Is it possible to use DD.MM. instead of DD.MM ? With an extra . after the MM ?

Thanks in advance
i dont think its possible to add additional chars there. how was it solved @ mi band 2? i think the only remaining option which would be correct remains then DD-MM right?

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
i dont think its possible to add additional chars there. how was it solved @ mi band 2? i think the only remaining option which would be correct remains then DD-MM right?
Everything is possible if you have thorough knowledge of how firmware works.
Why do you need an extra dot?

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harp