Question Hebrew firmware

pencol

Hello guys, i am having a weird issue with the Hebrew language.
First of all thanks to all of you as the Hebrew itself works amazing. i am using Firmware 2.2.0.14 | English Bold Font firmware.

i am using notify and fitness app and configured whatsapp in there to RTL on in Settings/Advanced.

The thing is i see it RTL, but some messages i see Down to Up. Like the lines are inversed and the text starts from buttom up. anyone had this issue any maybe know how to fix it?

tomerr

instead of using RTL setting in N&F , change band's language to Arabic . you will get perfet RTL support (as long as you stopped using Mi Fit completely)

you're getting confused because there are too many replies in this thread which imply you can enable Hebrew notifications & keep the band's menus in English, without flashing a custom firmware - that is simply WRONG.

I'm assuming you're using Android:

1. Install latest official Mi Fit version to make sure your band is updated to fw 2.0.0.4 & current resources
2. Flash custom English fw Firmware 2.0.0.4 | English Bold Font | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing
3. Change band language in Notify & Fitness (latest version) to Arabic
4. Uninstall Mi Fit - if you want to keep RTL notifications
will it work with the new custom firmware:
Firmware 2.2.0.14 | English Bold Font | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing
??

make sure to update mi fit to latest version & let it update your band to 2.2.0.14 fw & resources. only then flash the newer custom bold font fw. rest is the same
hey,
i installed the custom bold font after downloading the official version from the mi fit. then i switch to arabic at n&f and uninstall mi fit.
sadly i still see ??? instead of hebrew chars. do you have any idea how can i fix this issue?
thanks!

mikai

regarding hebrew issue - i installed 2.2.0.14 as you instructed here, in the application when i test text via the option in the left menu "test display text" all is ok, heberw has font, and RTL, but when getting real sms from google's messageing service or doing "test display" from menu, its not ok.. there are so many configuration in app, not sure what to do

Last edited:

tomerr

regarding hebrew issue - i installed 2.2.0.14 as you instructed here, in the application when i test text via the option in the left menu "test display text" all is ok, heberw has font, and RTL, but when getting real sms from google's messageing service or doing "test display" from menu, its not ok.. there are so many configuration in app, not sure what to do
are you using RTL setting in N&F or setting the band's language to Arabic with language settings?

mikai

are you using RTL setting in N&F or setting the band's language to Arabic with language settings?
i did set the language to arbic (in tools settings), and enabled RTL in app, but "test display" is with "???" and "test display text" is ok. an sms display "new message.view it on home" i dont know what it means(pressing the button deletes the message)

tomerr

you won't be able to actually see the notifications text (sms/app alerts) without buying the app - that's when you get "new message......." notification . the option is called "show notification text" and it's a "pro" option , which you can enable for each app under notifications tab (envelope icon) in the app.
i don't use N&F myself , but when tested it using Arabic language settings, the Hebrew notifications on band were displayed RTL perfectly. at the moment it is the only stable workaround for showing RTL properly

mikai

ok.. so i didnt understand that this actually dont give me anything(unless i pay..) so i guess i can stay in the regular mi fit if i dont use the notification anyway.. just to know - if i do get back to using mi fit, do i need to do something with the firmwere? since i installed 2.2.0.14? or i just uninstall n&f and thats it?

tomerr

you don't even need to uninstall n&f..just stop using it & end its process (from running services under developer options) . same goes for the firmware. no need to do anything

If i understand correctly, we need to translate arabic to hebrew in original mb3 firmware?

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harp