News Mi Band 5 | Known features

ViBE

could you please share a link?

btw am i wrong or xiaomi only released the chinese nfc and the global variants yet? no other variants released yet right? cause techradar and some sites rumouring that the global nfc could be the kongming pro.

ViBE

please make a sharp photo about the backside of the box. maybe there are some infos on it.

ViBE

this is very strange. it looks like the simple global version. are there any NFC logo on the left/right side of the box? and if you open it in Mi Fit is it named as Mi Smart Band 5 NFC or just Mi Smart Band 5?

after pairing you will also see Cards menu on the band's menu if it's an NFC capable variant.

ViBE

So your mi band 5 can use nfc or not???
i guess it's just a bug or incorrect naming. or xiaomi hidden the NFC function. an RFID card reader can tell if it has NFC or not. but i guess not.

GfxBro

Guys, NFC is present in some CN version only (supports AliPay only). Device is not secure in EU standards.

But what for some people want it in such thing? This is for sport, not for shopping :D Also paying with a watch looks... hmmm... very stupid... :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Guys, NFC is present in some CN version only (supports AliPay only). Device is not secure in EU standards.

But what for some people want it in such thing? This is for sport, not for shopping :D Also paying with a watch looks... hmmm... very stupid... :ROFLMAO::LOL:
NFC is only present in CN NFC version.
Alipay not require NFC.

This thread isn't to know your opinion about features, it's a thread about known features.

Maddoctor

Just got my chinese Mi Band 5. With the help of the custom Mi Fit it supports Greek in notifications and the menu shows in english with my Greek mobile. For this I must thank @MagicalUnicorn ! Video, in greek, will upload later in my channel

tomini

Guys?
Does REM Tracking work with Global version? If it lacks some sensors (or it just lacks the support for them) in comparision with China version...then?

Thanks a lot, just wanna make it clear.

cpoiret

Guys?
Does REM Tracking work with Global version? If it lacks some sensors (or it just lacks the support for them) in comparision with China version...then?

Thanks a lot, just wanna make it clear.
Global == CN version w/o NFC, they both have the same sensors, so this mode should work exactly as expected :)

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui